An Active Customer is a Loyal Customer who shops within a certain period of time, defined by the Retailer, with a defined recency time frame.
A Customer who shops above a defined threshold of this pattern will be considered as Inactive.
🧪 Example of Active Customers
For example, if the recency level is defined as at least one shopping within the past 6 weeks, every Customer that corresponds to that pattern is considered Active.
❓Why Active Customers are important to Retailers
- Active customers tend to purchase more frequently and spend more than inactive customers. By identifying these customers, Retailers can target them with personalized Targeted offers and promotions to encourage them to make more purchases, thereby increasing revenue.
- Active customers are more likely to be loyal to Retailers, which can lead to repeat business and positive word-of-mouth referrals. By identifying and rewarding these customers, Retailers can foster a sense of loyalty and keep them coming back.
- By understanding the purchasing patterns of Active Customers, Retailers can better manage their inventory and ensure that they have the right products in stock to meet demand.
- Based on Active Customers data analysis, Retailers can fine-tune their strategies on Product Range, pricing strategies, and marketing Campaigns.
- Identifying and retaining Active Customers gives Retailers an advantage over their competitors, as they can strengthen loyalty and ensure their customers are less likely to shop elsewhere.
- It is critical to keep and engage with Active Customers bearing in mind, that the cost to acquire New Customer is more higher than the cost to invest in keeping existing Active Customer.
🖥️ Make it happen in Ulys CRM
How to access Active customer in Ulys:2 Simple Steps
Step 1: Select Buying Pattern under the Behaviors Menu in the Menu Bar.
Step 2: Select the Option in the Filter Menu and select the frequency and period you want to measure.
And here it is. The number of active customers will appear in the Active Customer widget.
You can also extract the List of Customers who are identified as Active Customer from the Table icon.