Identifies what Loyal Customers buy during a shopping trip, in physical stores or online.
Basket is a selected mix of items that tracks the performance of a specific Category or segment, represented by transaction, receipt, or Order per shopping trip.
Basket can be measured in different ways for analysis purposes.
- Basket Value: It is the monetary value of the products purchased by a Customer in a Shopping Trip.
- Average Basket Value: It is the Total monetary value of the products of all Baskets / Number of baskets.
- Basket Penetration: It is Total Number of baskets containing specific products / Total Number of baskets.
- Basket Number of Products (Number of Unique SKUs): It is Number of products with a different barcode in the Basket.
- Basket Number of Units (Number of all units in a basket): It is Number of units, whatever the barcode in the Basket.
🧪 Example of Basket
For example, total number of baskets of Retailer A on Monday is 100 baskets and generating a total of 80,000 THB in sales.
Among the 100 baskets, there are 40 baskets that contain Shampoo of Brand X.
Items Detail of the basket purchased by Ms.M that has Shampoo Brand X
- Shampoo Brand X 125 ML - 2 Bottles Price 150 THB per 1 Bottle
- Conditioner Brand X 125 ML - 1 Bottle Price 175 THB per 1 Bottle
- Shower Gel Brand Y 300 ML - 2 Bottles Price 100 THB per 1 Bottle
Total spending for Ms. M is 675 THB
Summary from the above Sample:
- Basket Value of Ms. M is 675 THB
- Average Basket Value is 800 THB
- Shampoo Category Basket Penetration 40% (40 baskets / 100 baskets)
- Basket Number of Products of Ms. M (Number of Unique SKUs) = 3 SKUs
- Number of Units of Ms. M (Number of all units in a basket) = 5 pcs
❓What is Basket used for
Measure the level of spending by trip. Provides a quantified basis for strategies aimed at increasing customer spending.
Measure the popularity of the selected Category or products. Provides a quantified basis to measure the effectiveness of strategies that aim at influencing Customers to buy more or more often a specific Category or brands.
Basket Number of Products (Number of Unique SKUs)
Helps understand the nature of the shopping Mission Customers are looking for when visiting the store. It also helps measure the quality of the assortment (Variety)
Basket Number of Units (Number of all units in a basket)
Helps understand the nature of the shopping Mission Customers are looking for when visiting the store. It also helps understand some components of the Customer's consumption and household structure.
• Basket Value
• Basket Number of Items